“The perfect church service,would be one we were almost unaware of.Our attention would have been on God.” BideingmytimeÂ C.S. Lewis
My kids acting up in church. I have strong opinions about what Sunday services should and should not be, and how I wish we could make them better – more engaging, more life changing, less BORING. My thoughts?
- Be intellectually stimulating
- Present practical help, but also spiritual ideological help
- Be Bible oriented, but not just dry teaching
- Have meaningful but not manipulative classes for children
- Be casual – God likes a good heart, not just good clothing (cf.Â 1 Samuel 16:7)
- Be focused on both inward growth and outward service
- Reflect modern language and culture, not that of the 1800’s.
- Not be overburdened with liturgy and formalism/ritualism
What say ye?