“When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creatorâ€ ~ Ghandi
There are times I wish I had more than a 5MP camera, like when there is a full moon with a halo around it. Nevertheless, the camera on my Droid did take a neat photo. What shall we say about the moon? Here’s what I know about the moon:
- Like our relationship with God, it has no light of its own, but reflects the light of the Sun
- Islam may not be so much Abrahamic, but rather based on a moon-goddess religion, hence, the star and moon symbols
- It’s hard to believe that the moon impacts the ocean tides as much as it does, and perhaps even HUMAN behavior. Funny.
- When the moon is low in the sky, it appears larger than usual – but it is not any larger, it’s just close to other visual referents like houses and trees, and appears larger to us.
- When the moon is low in the sky, it is often various colors of red because of particulate matter in our atmosphere. Cool.
I wonder if the moon’s presence is what made the girl in yesterday’s photo so attractive?